Snowblower started on first pull after 2 years of sitting

wwillson

Staff member
We got about 9" of snow last night, so I decided to get the snow blower out. I store it with an empty gas tank and the float bowl emptied. I fueled it up and gave it a few pumps with the primer and it started on the first pull!!!

I don't use it often, but when I don't feel like shoveling, it comes in very handy.

20210131_135918849_iOS.jpg

Started right up because you drained the gas out. And I'm guessing you used fresh fuel to. I pour the old gas from my gas can that I used in the summer for the lawn mower into my vehicles.

I start my blower every couple of months throughout the year. Usually starts right up. The thing is, I replaced the carb and shoes, new belt, and a tube in one tire. Then , it didn't snow for over 3 years. I was ready to sell it for what I could get for something you hardly ever need. Then low and behold, they're calling for between 8-18 inches tonight and tomorrow. I started mine yesterday to be sure it still started. 3 pulls after 2 prime pulls, yours did better then mine.,,,

The primer bulbs do help, bet it would have taken a couple more pulls if there was just a ckoke. We missed it in N.Ohio so I will just be using my shovel.

Back