Snapper SS822 Snow Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
my FIL has a similar model with a Craftsman badge-works very well even being a 4 cycle.
I have an older Toro model single stage 2 cycle (from FIL who wanted electric start). Runs great and I have cleared 18 inches with it.
These small single stage models are great--the Ariens sits in the garage while the Toro does all the work

I'm a big fan of those style of 1 stage snow throwers..
the "toro powerchute" or whatever that technology/design was originally called is lightyears better at not clogging or jamming like alot of others do.

I take it you have a paved surface? and fairly level?

I love my 10 year old toro.. just recarb'ed it last year and its still BLASTING its way through snow. I do wish I had a 2 stage because my driveway has a slope to it and I need a snow blower to leave at my grandmas lugging this one back and forth is getting old.

Which model of ss822?
SS822E SS822EX SS922EX
the lowest one is 399 MSRP.
for 499.. you get remote chute control.

not sure what you get extra on the last one for 599$

Last edited:
It was called toro powercurve*
looked it up
smile.gif

I've had an 18" Powercurve for the last 5 years. Last year's record snows really convinced me that I need a larger version. The Powercurve would work, but it was slow because I was asking it to move 2X the snow depth it was designed for. I am leaning towards a Simplicity single stage only because I have a dealer near me. It honestly looks to me like Snapper, Cub Cadet, and Simplicity are the same design with different paint jobs. I just want a made in USA engine, but my generator is from HF. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back