Toro Powerlite snow thrower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a Toro CCR Powerlite single stage snow thrower not too far from me for $25. The guy said it ran well and was always serviced, but the pull cord snapped last year and he hasn't used it since. He bought a larger blower and doesn't need this one.

How reliable are these machines? I believe this one has the 2 cycle Tecumseh engine.

I have a 42" two stage blower for the John Deere garden tractor, but this looks like it would work well for the sidewalks I clear.

The more powerful Toro single stage blowers are fantastic. The less powerful ones are build to a price. I wouldn't touch a 3hp, I love my 6.5hp, and they make 4.5 and 5hp ones as well. I had an off-brand 3hp and it's night and day, both in clogging and distance and mostly handling the big stuff at the end of the driveway.

Keep in mind that the rubber paddles and the plastic scraper bar are wear items and I'd assume they need to be replaced as well. The rubber paddles have a hole in them on one side to show how far they can wear. Also, obviously they should touch the ground. The scraper bar is pretty obvious. Two paddles and a bar should be 50~75 bucks every five years or so.

EDIT: lastly, there are million of these and beat up ones sell for under 100 all day, even moreso after new years. Personally I'd wait until you could get a 3650 or snow commander in great condition for 100~150 if you're in the market. The better/more powerful ones don't sell for much more than the cheapest model they sold in a store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back