Snapper or Cub Cadet?

Both are homeowner grade and will have a limited lifespan. If you can afford it, purchase from a Deere dealer or similar, and do your research to ensure adequate robustness.

There is a good reason to go with a conventional Deere also. Parts are available online nearly forever. They are long lasting, popular machines. I have a GT235 that is 20 years old, with a Kawasaki V-Twin. It has the larger tires, heavier duty transmission and has been a stellar performer on my rural properties. I use it to mulch pine tree and other branches, it's that tough!!!! In the end, it cost me less than homeowner grade stuff.

john_deere_gt235.jpg
I have a 345 and yeah the engine and trans are good (Japanese) but the rest of the tractor breaks constantly, their electrical system is terrible, and their parts are priced like BMW. Thought I was buying a Lexus and got a BMW. Never again.

Well, turns out the Broadmoor doesn't have power steering until 2021, and the non-current is a 2019. Not sure if PS is that important, haven't tried with vs without.

Kind of starting square 1. Need to go try a bunch to see. May look at a zero turn with the steering wheel (wife can drive it). My issue with the CC new is all are at MSRP and I refuse to pay that.

Not sure how a steering wheel zt would handle our ditches. The regular zt we had wanted to nose dive because of the light front end and bad traction tires.

The regular zt we had wanted to nose dive because of the light front end and bad traction tires.
I had the same experience with the Cub Z-Force 44" I had back in 2010 at our previous home. It was a nice machine, just not great on hilly, bumpy property with 100's of feet of ditch to try to get as close as possible to. I wouldn't do another lap bar machine.

Back