Opinions on Cub XT2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
Looking at getting a new tractor soon, maybe before start of the season. I remember seeing some one mention Cub Cadet now having EFI engines. After looking at them I'm liking the XT2, possibly with the V-twin 679cc.

Link: http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cubcadet/xt2-lx42-efi-2017-lx42efi

The EFI seems very appealing if it can deliver on the promise of less fuel use and less attention to a carb. Anyone have any experience with this setup? Or any other suggestions? Amount of cutting will be 1.5-2 acres (depending on what I feel like cutting) and budget is around $2k, for something that will hopefully last a very long time.

The other thing I would be new to is going to a dealer for a tractor. All of my previous tractors have been pre-owened, and the XT2 can only be had through a Cub dealer. So if anyone has an info on what that experience is like that would be helpful as well.

I don't know anything about these EFI engines, but it does have a Tufftorq K46 hydrostatic drive, which is a good thing. This 42" deck has been around forever, but I prefer the Husqvarna group built 42" deck better. It's a bit deeper and more forgiving IMO.

$2K might buy you are really nice used piece of commercial grade equipment if you want to pursue that.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
What's your yard look like (flat, hills, etc.)?
Will you be doing anything other than mowing?

Mostly flat with some whoops and one hill maybe 7 foot high, with a decent slope (if that makes sense? too steep to mow across, have to go up and down) Not doing anything other than mowing, don't get many leaves but I like to chew up the ones I do get.

The EFI is good, the Cub Cadet part is bad. Most costly MTD product line to own, with the same MTD lack of quality.

For $2000, you can buy some nice used equipment, even commercial grade. Check Craigslist, there are many deals to be had. I'm no brand fanboy, but after working on equipment for over 10 years, some of the brands just make more financial sense to own.

The Tuff Torq K46 is not a heavy duty transmission by any means. The K66 is, which is found in many garden tractors. You can find a nice Craftsman garden tractor with a Kohler Command V-twin and K66 transmission for under $2000 and have one heck of a machine. John Deere has some nice used options for $2000, and the dealer support is unmatched.

If you have to mow inclines, I would want something more HD. My comment in regards to the K46 being a decent unit means for this class of machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back