Smoothest, quietest ride for my ELantra?

If the Elantra does not have a quiet cabin then it's all the more reason to find a quiet tire, besides I don't think I've ever seen someone looking for tire recommendations ask for a loud tire.

Thanks all...
I am looking at either the Continental True Contact Tour or Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive. Both tires seem to be available in 205/55/16 H rated.

My parents got Michelin X-tour A/S from Costco for 205/55-16
I think those are the club store version of the Defender T&H by the look of them. Always got good overall ratings. Old '04 CR-V had many sets over the years. Father-in-law used them year round with no complaints.

The Defender T&H that came on my daughter's '08 were old and worn. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS+ I put on are much quieter. Until then I really wouldn't have considered the T&H loud. Maybe just because they were older and worn.

The only tire I've had that has stayed quiet (at least to my ear) until near the end of its' life is the Michelin Primacy MXV4. I would have installed them again, but was told they're no longer available. Maybe not available here in western Canada, or not in the size I needed?
Every other tire I've tried over the years has gotten noisier as it wore down. The CC2's I have on my Accord are fairly quiet on the highway, but seem to be getting a bit noisier after 22k kms.

Edited to add: Just checked Michelin's website, the Primacy's aren't available in 16" any more (my Buick and Honda).

Last edited:
Using 4 new GENERAL Altimax RT43 (H) 185/65-15 for the '18 Hyundai Accent SE . Car handles and rides better . Road noise is minimal . Depends on road surface . Original tires ( OE.M. ) were CONTINENTAL Pro Contact TX . Gas mileage seems to remain the same . Averaging 39 M.P.G. calculated since install in April .

Found this at TIRERACK .

IMG_8903.JPG

Last edited:
Bridgestone Ecopias
I wouldn’t let any friend get those, not even for a Prius or Fit. That’s a tire I wish on my enemies - I’d rather have the ones I really hate on Chinese tires.

If noise and smoothness is important, I’d look at a a Michelin Premier AS/Primacy MXM4/CrossClimate 2, Pirelli P7 Four Seasons Plus, Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive, or Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum.

Last edited:
Thanks all...
I am looking at either the Continental True Contact Tour or Goodyear Assurance ComfortDrive. Both tires seem to be available in 205/55/16 H rated.
Those tires are both fine.We had Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS(205-55-16) on a 2006 Mazda 3i. And although the tires were quiet the car was still loud on the hiwy. Didn't matter!
Mazda just didn't put in enough sound insulation in this generation Mazda3...nor in the next 2 gen afterward. Not until 2019. This may be going on with your ELANTRA.

Now the Mazda3 is the quietest car in its subcompact segment as are most new Mazda's now.

Wandered upon this . Maybe this will help with your decision for the ELANTRA . From '21 . I believe some are not available in U.S..

Last edited:
Our Kia Forte is somewhat similar to your Elantra and runs same size tires.
We are very happy with running General Tire G-MAX AS-05 in summer and General Tire ALTIMAX ARCTIC 12 in winter. Both are very quiet and smooth riding.

I have Continental TrueContact Tours on both my daughters cars and I’m very happy with them! They’re quiet, have great traction and are wearing really good. I can’t recommend them enough.

Attachments

• 7676764E-082B-4BD4-86A6-D21994C11B47.jpeg
    7676764E-082B-4BD4-86A6-D21994C11B47.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3
Back