Small engine oil filter.

On my zero turn ( 21hp kawasaki fr651v) i run a fram ultra 3614 filter. Is there any downside to running a 3600? ( same filter baseplate, filter is just longer)

I've done that on a B&S 19HP Intek mower (which takes same filters as yours) for over 20 years. It happens to take same filter as a '00 Camry V6 so lots of choices. Add enough addt'l oil to counter the increased filter capacity when doing oil changes.

I used both interchangeably on my last mower that had an FR651V. I sort of preferred the 3600 because the 651V has a pretty small sump capacity and I ran that motor hard so more oil = more better.

Isn’t the 4967 the correct filter?
the 3614 fits and seems to work fine, bypass is 12.

Basically i compared the original filter to ones in my used bucket when i bought the mower. the 3614 that i used on saturns seemed to be almost the same, so i used that.

Also I have this finned collar. I bought it in the late 80's and never used it. I found it in my shed.
Would this actually cool the oil via the filter or is it just junk? It should fit the 3600 filter that is longer.
IMG_20210327_161748096.jpg
IMG_20210327_161757742.jpg

Should I use the 4967 over the 3614?
I use the TG 4967 on my Kawasaki Mule and my Toro ZTR. It’s just easier for me. Plus, my Toro has the 24.5 hp Loncin engine (Chinese Kawasaki clone). It will only except the OE Toro/Exmark filter, the 4967 or STP S-4967. As long as you are not having leaks from the mounting flange, you are probably okay with what you’re using.

The 4967 is a little smaller but, the bypass setting is the same at 12psi. If it’s not leaking at the flange, I don’t see why you can’t keep using the 3614. I can’t use the 3614 on my Toro.

Someone claimed to have run tests with a finned thing like yours.
He claimed to have slathered the filter with electronics heat conductor paste (pookie?) first for some tests.
He concluded it made no measurable effect.

Now, if he'd painted it flat black?

That finned piece of metal is more for looks than function.
Someone claimed to have run tests with a finned thing like yours.
He claimed to have slathered the filter with electronics heat conductor paste (pookie?) first for some tests.
He concluded it made no measurable effect.

Now, if he'd painted it flat black?
Thanks, i'll leave it off.

Back