Small-business backup software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tegger

No encryption. I appreciate your concern, but there's nothing worth encrypting in our files anyway.

At our place, the ladies leave their purses unattended and unlocked in their offices and in the lunchroom. Security is not my concern, simplicity and avoiding loss-of-data is.

Which begs the question why not use a cloud based solution?[/quote]

Carrying drives home and back is nuts.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

No encryption. I appreciate your concern, but there's nothing worth encrypting in our files anyway.

At our place, the ladies leave their purses unattended and unlocked in their offices and in the lunchroom. Security is not my concern, simplicity and avoiding loss-of-data is.

Customer data? Names, phone numbers, addressed, maybe PII (Personal Identifiable Info), credit card #'s, HR data? None of that?

I know I'd be very upset if someone company "lost" a drive with any of my information. Happens more than you think - person gets their car/home/whatever broken into and the laptop bag goes missing. Poof, there goes your data.

Encryption is cheap and easy to implement and will keep even the most mundane data safe from theft.

Just something to think about. If the data's important enough to back up it's important enough to encrypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back