Slow leaking tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all green caps are pressure caps? Costco puts green caps but I thought that only indicated nitrogen fill i.e. the only difference is the color.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are all green caps are pressure caps? Costco puts green caps but I thought that only indicated nitrogen fill i.e. the only difference is the color.

The green caps Costco threw on my snows were definetely just regular plastic caps colored green for the Nitrogen fill.

yeah, who knew those things were easy to go bad. something on the road must have hit it while driving and caused the air to vent out. my mom gave them to me three months ago. I did have them on my old 06 vibe for almost four years before the car got wrecked and didn't have any problems. I must have gotten a defective one. I'll stay away from them for now on. I forgot the K.I.S.S method when troubleshooting! Look for the easiest thing to fix, it's usually the problem.
grin.gif

I wonder if those caps were green, or if they just had a red/green indicator like this shiny metal cap. I have also seen black ones.
1MZD9_AS01.JPG

^ That was what I thought we were talking about.
The green caps that Costco uses are to indicate the tires have been filled with nitrogen. The only thing different about them is the color of the plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back