slight trans whine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 92 seville, 67k... 4t60-E trans... trans (im almost positive) makes slight whine noises at idle, the trans performs perfectly though, i just changed the old fluid out, twice via drop pan and re-fill... any ideas what it could be? I think it is a bit more prominent when its real cold outside...

Check your fluid level when hot and idling. I've changed trans fluid before, and measureed how much hot fluid I took out and replaced it with the same amount of room temp ATF. Turns out that ATF expands a lot when hot, so replacing the same volume with cooler fluid actually overfilled my tranny by .7 qts. I would not have even looked except that the trans began to make a strange, whinning sound not long after the fluid change. I checked the fluid level and was surprised to see it overfilled since I was so careful. I removed the excess fluid and the whine went away.

[ March 17, 2003, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: DEWFPO ]

Auto-Rx your transmission, your whine will go away, shift points are on the money,slipping is a thing of the past. Read FAQ posted on Auto-Rx
(Transmission Medic ) by the way after cleaning your transmission add any transmission fluid you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back