Slave Cylinder Pushrod Squeaking on Clutch Fork

When I press the clutch on my Forester, occasionally there will be a squeak from the bellhousing.Seems to be right on the top where the slave pushes on the fork.

Would it be recommended to pull the slave off and lubricate it? What should I use for a lubricant? I was thinking high temperature silicone brake lube.

The slave itself is accessible from the top.

Thanks!

You need to let the dealer check this one out or call Subaru first. My friend's 2011 Forester started slowly making a weird noise when pressing the clutch and the problem was the fork had broken or started to split open. After lots of search in YouTube, I found a video from Europe. Subaru know about this problem and they pay for some of the work. The car was out of warranty but low mileage.

Dealer "can't replicate"

I've heard of the fork splitting or cracking where the pushrod goes on Subarus more frequently than other brands.

Dealer "can't replicate"

I've heard of the fork splitting or cracking where the pushrod goes on Subarus more frequently than other brands.

Does why you talk to Subaru first before going to dealer. This is what my friend did first. You can also bring it to a different dealer and see if they are more helpful.

Back