SKF bearing, Hyundai Accent

2009 Accent, 168k miles, sounds like a rear wheel bearing is going out. I don't see brands I recognize for non-ABS models...is SKF any good,or is it generic Chinesium?

From looking over the Hyundai forums, nobody seems to have anything bad to say about them. Most do mention problems are more common when installation is done incorrectly.

Timken and F*G I’d consider good brands.

7CB645EB-9930-4299-B2A5-AE622795D291.jpeg
FC738B72-640E-48A3-A0EB-0F21F8A52E28.jpeg

SKF is one of the good choices.

Odd issue on the 2010 accent (previous car to 2020 elantra)--This is from memory.
Both from wheel bearings died around 5k miles then one of those died at 8k (3k miles on it)
The dealer wouldnt believe it. So I had it inspected at an independent and then sent them the bill.

The rear 2 also went out IIRC around 18-25k miles.
The replacements lasted until traded in about around 100k

it also had the hazard flasher replaced 5x.
4x in first year.

It was mostly reliable.. but it was crusty and rusting and in need of serious TLC when traded in.

SKF, yes they also have factories in China to supply their huge OE market but they are made by SKF not for SKF as seems to be the case with some other brands like Timken. FAG also has factories in China and are also very good.

I'd go OEM if the sensor is integrated. I've had bad experiences with aftermarket ABS sensors. Otherwise I think they're ok.

FYI NAPA commonly sells SKF rebranded.

Back