Simple PA/Live Sound Amp Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with PA electronics experience here? I'm looking for something but I'm not sure it exists. I help in my church's children's church program and have become the defacto "sound guy". We started with a 8? channel Peavey powered mixer but it died of a combination of abuse and poor construction. This was replaced with a 4 channel mix deck/rack mount speaker amp combo that was scrounged out of the main auditorium's cast-offs but it's also on its last legs.

We only ever use one mic and two speakers so I'd like to make or buy a little box that just had one XLR input and two 1/4" outputs. The speakers are spec'd at 1km@8ohm. Does anyone know if someone is making something like this or if a kit is out there?

I would go to prosound stage and lighting web site or Sam Ash. Plenty of inexpensive china stuff out there.

http://www.pssl.com/!g63HmE1hIESfZHqFKCyvkA!/Pro-Audio

You can call a friend of mine who is a Sound Engineer and works for Guitar Center. He is at some suburb outside of Chicago and he can get you a good deal, just tell him Dwight sent you. When you call the store ask for Mark Johnson in Pro Sound 847-439-4600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back