69 updates though. Typical windows.

Before you can get to SP1, 2, and 3!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee

69 updates though. Typical windows.

Before you can get to SP1, 2, and 3!
crackmeup2.gif

Which is why it's best just to grab the network install for the latest service pack and install that first.

heh heh heh. I hate to be a necromancer, but same topic.
So, I got 4GB of RAM and just installed it. Stuff is supposed to be warrantied to 2.4V. I set it to 2.25V (BIOS skips 2.2V for some reason).
Stuff works fine, went to boot into windows and a BSOD flashed and it reset. I used the F8 advanced boot menu to disable "Automatic restart on system failure"
Came up with "BIOS is not ACPI compatable."
I remember going through this before now. I was never able to run all 4GB. I had to run either 3GB single channel or 2GB dual. For some unknown to me reason at the 4GB mark the bios is no longer ACPI compatable. I checked the Gigabyte site and there is a BIOS update. It does not mention something like this, but decided I would try it. Went to download it and discovered it is an EXE. Why, of course it would be when Im booted in to Gentoo. I went to a different machine and extracted it onto my flash drive. Put it in the b!7c, went to the flash program built into the bios. It sees my flash drive as floppy A but cannot see the file. I was able to save a backup copy of the old bios...well it said it did but its no where to be found on the drive...
grr. Why is it I basically have to have a floppy drive to update the bios on a dual core 64 bit 4gb ram 1.5tb hdd superfraking computer? Can we move out of the 90s please.

That's odd, I use a bootable flash stick with ASUS's utility on mine and it's always nice and straight forward.

There is no reason you should not be able to run dual channel and 4GB, that's ridiculous. I'm running 8GB in dual channel, overclocked to 925Mhz on mine right now.

Yeah, I used a different flash drive and got the new BIOS installed. Booted up fine. I think my old flash drive (which isnt actually that old) is toast. I cant write to it at all now. So that whole section is stricken, but still annoying I had to go through it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back