Sick of this Machine. (long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will. I have a Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme. Massive beast. Someone else is running a Q6600 also at 3.5 under one of these. I should be good. Cool. I love parts like this I can just switch over..

It will have to wait until Newegg gets some ram in stock unfortunately. In the mean time I got it to boot memtest and so far, no problems. If no problem Ill go after the CPU and stress it for 24hrs or so with Prime 95.

Most of it overclocks well anyways..... See my Ballistix 667s for an example
wink.gif

Thats...interesting.
I tried to repair windows after I got no memory errors (only 1 pass).
Said could not repair, problem with system files integrity.
Went to reboot and when the highpoint screen came up it said "Rebuilding (0.0%)" DubyaTeeEff? I went into the highpoint bios and snooped. Its rebuilding my #2 drive because its "Degraded". Hmm. I wonder if its even the boards fault this time around.

Put the #2 drive on a onboard controller with IDE-faked mode enabled and started UBCD and used some programs to discover that SMART had tripped with a realloc. sector count of 2051.
Something else I get to warranty out. At least all my data is intact...<3 RAID.

Originally Posted By: Bobert
I have an old Abit board with an integrated Highpoint controller, and the Highpoint controller is extremely flaky. I won't put any disks on it because of problems with corruption. The standard IDE controller is fine, but Highpoint is complete c r a p. Needless to say I would never buy any board that had Highpoint ever again.

I 2nd that. If you absolutely have to add an aftermarket card, "Promise" is much better.

Still, the best controller is integrated with chipset (Intel and Nvidia) and non-raid. Intel used to have some compatibility with their SATA southbridge but their political force in the SATA lobby strong armed everyone else to make it the "standard".

In compatibility, it pays to be the biggest guy on the block.

Originally Posted By: Onmo'Eegusee
Put the #2 drive on a onboard controller with IDE-faked mode enabled and started UBCD and used some programs to discover that SMART had tripped with a realloc. sector count of 2051.
Something else I get to warranty out. At least all my data is intact...div>

That reminds me, the 7200.11 has some reliability issue and from what I was told DELL disqualified it from OEM use, that's one of the main reason Seagate stock dropped so much and WD took up the volume on that lost sales.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
That reminds me, the 7200.11 has some reliability issue and from what I was told DELL disqualified it from OEM use, that's one of the main reason Seagate stock dropped so much and WD took up the volume on that lost sales.

smirk2.gif
Of course, now I find out after I have bought 5 of this exact model.

Got my replacement drive. Seagate sends out certified repaired (i.e. reman) HDDs for warranty replacement.
smirk2.gif
Installed it and let the highpoint rebuild. Ran windows repair off the install dvd and it said a configuration change was causing the boot up problem. Typing this up on the machine now, so it works. Good thing, too. I would rather buy my AR15 I want.
69 updates though. Typical windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back