Should it really take this long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Originally Posted by FA_WRX
I would find another shop. They are jerking your chain and its not like they have the vechicle or your money at this point.

That's likely what I'll do. I've had a good relationship with them in the past so I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's looking like they've lied to me and are giving me the run-around so really, they're making the decision and not me...

This seems to be increasingly the case with many shops. I hear this more and more as time goes by formerly "good" or "reputable" shops start behaving
in sketchy ways once you have what you THINK is a good honest relationship with them. I think it's no mistake, they get your CONfidence and then start
goosing the customer who at this point thinks he's dealing with an honest outfit.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Yep. Find another shop.

Cool car, I saw the picture you posted of it. ðŸ‘

Haha, thanks. I get repairing an 80s econobox isn't going to make anyone rich, but work's work, right? Or so you'd think.

Tell them to cancel the order they never made and take it somewhere else. This time leave them the car for incentive to work on it so they don't feel like you'll flake out on them.

Maybe they are afraid of breaking things when doing the job as the car is older. Wiring connectors.. .

A clutch job is simple on this car. Have you considered having the rear main seal on the engine replaced? And have the input shaft seal replaced on the transmission, too.

Originally Posted by skyactiv

Have you considered having the rear main seal on the engine replaced? And have the input shaft seal replaced on the transmission, too.

I haven't but I'll look into it, thanks.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Sheer guess they know it is an extra car and are pushing it to the side as customers show needing immediate stuff.

Yes, but why not just come out and say that? I think it's something about being unsure about doing the work correctly and true they may be concerned about breaking other parts while working on the job because of the age of the car, but again it's worse when a shop won't be honest instead of BSing, looks bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back