Should I use Marvel Mystery Oil in my 3300 v6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MMO story FWIW: I had a 300 ci ford 6 cyl that was converted to propane when new. Everyone that knows the motor know they are bulletproof. By 30,000 the top end was gone in it. The propane provided no lube to the valve/seats/guides. Had the head rebuilt and a topend oiler installed, think MMO even made the oiler? I still have it so I'll check. Anyway it just used vacume to pull an adjustable metere amount of oil into the engine. Can't remember the exact usage but it isn't much at all. That motor has run a bizillion more miles, been idled over night and it's still strong. So MMO must do something? Coolest thing about propane was the oil dumps out looking the same as it went in, it was tough to throw it out LOL. Plugs? never changed them. I also use MMO as a fluid to cc motors, if I don't all of it out or some leaks below the piston, no worries. Even with everything covered with it the engine (twostrokes) always start and never foul the plug. In some case they actually start and run smoother for a few seconds, LOL. smoke is sweet smelling too! Some bikes that use a downdraft style carbs, the slide lays on its side and I always saw wear on the slide. Started throwing a capfull of MMO in the fuel from time to time. Even with the small amount used, I would find the slides were much better, and could detect a very slight mint smell on my gas covered hands. Someone told me the mint oil whatever it is, IS NOT on the msds because its not hazardous. Not sure if that's true? Mother nature has some pretty kick butt lubes though.

Use Rislone "add anytime" formula about 750-1000 miles before your next oil change. That should do the trick for only a few dollars. If it does not work (IMO it will), then go straight to auto-rx.

I have used both products and while I know they are "different", I have had success with both of them
smile.gif

[ November 26, 2004, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

Thanks tenderloin...I've done a lot of reading about all this stuff, and I may have overlooked something about Rislone, because I thought it was just a quick flush..but after reading more I see that it is more similar to Auto RX. So I'll try MMO and if that dont work, then Rislone, cause theyre both cheap...if that dont work, then the failsafe, Auto RX...and while im at it, I'll throw some Gumout Regane in the fuel tank
smile.gif

I'm still going with my original plan, starting in about 500 miles, but my next question is, how long should I leave a quart of MMO in my engine? 1000 miles? 3000 miles? Thanks for input.

You might even want to give Rislone a shot before MMO. My first car was also a 1992 Grand Am with the 3300 V6, only I got mine with 120K on it. I had a light tick, nothing too noisy, but Rislone fixed it right up. Sold the car running like a dream at 170K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back