Should I sell the Jeep?

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
On a whim, I requested a quote from Vroom for the Jeep and it came in much, much higher than expected. I love the Jeep but barely drive it and have my eyes on a Maverick or 2022 short wheelbase Grand Cherokee. I *think* we can slum it around for a while in the Corolla...

The used car market is nuts. This has more miles than mine, less options and is more than what we paid new for one last November.

The other half seems indifferent since we don't go more than a couple miles from the house. I really wanted to get out of this buy/sell cycle of vehicles...they've been turning over way too fast the last few years...but if we can move up to the new body style JGC why not?

Last edited:
sell it and get a maverick. Im biased though as i ordered a maverick. besides this is such a rare time to be able to have bought a vehicle and then pay nothing to own it for a year or two and then sell it.

sell it and get a maverick. Im biased though as i ordered a maverick. besides this is such a rare time to be able to have bought a vehicle and then pay nothing to own it for a year or two and then sell it.

I really like that Maverick!

We're doing a quick liquidation right now and no payments / debt as much as possible to buy a house in 2 years. Once we're in a house, a leased Maverick is going to be a strong consideration for a daily driver! Can't keep anything nice in the salt and I'm getting to old to deal with old vehicles as DDs long term. I really am loving the XL model with the silver steelies and the hybrid powertrain.

Back to my search for a cheap DD for 2 years

I don't see what you guys are seeing in the new Maverick. From a distance, It has junk written all over it.
But I haven't driven one or owned one. 23K tops price though given it's a unitbody FWD Ca-twuk

Now this - in that Gulden's Spicy Brown - on the other hand:
32485074_1.jpg

Now is the time to sell.

Get the KBB price, there's a button on there that you can reach out to a dealer that works with KBB and honors their prices. That's what I did and they offered $1k more than Vroom for my Genesis. But I also got them to pay $400 over KBB.

If you're barely using the vehicle/don't need it now is certainly the time to sell. This market surely can't hold but I'm betting it will be a while yet before it settles down. Bank the cash then score when the time is right.

Housing here is already starting to cool off a bit and I've actually seen a few vehicles with prices lowered from initial asking although still too high, many people are sitting this out.

I got a really strong offer for my Passat but it's a DD that would have to be immediately replaced so nope.

Vroom said the offer was good for 7 days. Today is day 6 and when I went to upload the documents they said the offer had expired!

Back