Should I ride the German wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a brag post about how you got a Jetta with 14k miles for $4k not a doubt about it. Even if those were really hard sitting around 14k miles i think you can fix that car up nice and get a long service out of it.

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
All you need to know about the Jetta Wolfsburg edition:

Not going to watch the video, but I'm wondering... What does it have to do with the car the OP is considering?

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Not going to watch the video, but I'm wondering... What does it have to do with the car the OP is considering?

+1

Not even the same car besides the trim level.

To OP: I would jump on it for $4k. My buddy has a 2010 2.5L Jetta with almost 220k on it. The car is very solid. His is the manual trans, but with fluid changes the auto should go for awhile.

I had a 2001 Jetta with the 1.8T. Worst car I have ever owned, by far. Over the 7 or 8 years I owned it and my kids drove it, it could leave you stranded at any time. All kinds of crazy sensors everywhere, and when any sensor goes down, the car goes into convulsions. It was a happy day when I finally took it to the junk yard, towed behind my 30 year old Ford truck.

Your mileage may vary. I think 2001 was the height of the lunacy. Maybe.

crw said:
I had a 2001 Jetta with the 1.8T. Worst car I have ever owned, by far. Over the 7 or 8 years I owned it and my kids drove it, it could leave you stranded at any time. All kinds of crazy sensors everywhere, and when any sensor goes down, the car goes into convulsions. It was a happy day when I finally took it to the junk yard, towed behind my 30 year old Ford truck.

Your mileage may vary. I think 2001 was the height of the lunacy. Maybe. [/quo.

A MKV which is what you are talking about is a much better car thab a 2001. We have a 2008 SE which sounds like the model you have, we bought it with 18k miles and it has 107k miles now. I still enjoy driving it today. We had 3 repair a radiator fan, secondary air pipe broke, and door module. I paid $300 for fan , did the door module for $100 myself, and repaired secondary air pipe for free. It is not nearly unreliable as it is made out to be. The build quality is pretty good, Our interior still looks new and paint looks great as well. The is a diy for the headliner. I think they are good cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raaizin
crw said:

Your mileage may vary. I think 2001 was the height of the lunacy. Maybe. [/quo.

A MKV which is what you are talking about is a much better car thab a 2001. We have a 2008 SE which sounds like the model you have, we bought it with 18k miles and it has 107k miles now. I still enjoy driving it today. We had 3 repair a radiator fan, secondary air pipe broke, and door module. I paid $300 for fan , did the door module for $100 myself, and repaired secondary air pipe for free. It is not nearly unreliable as it is made out to be. The build quality is pretty good, Our interior still looks new and paint looks great as well. The is a diy for the headliner. I think they are good cars.

Those MKV Jetta's seem to be pretty solid, we are hoping the Jetta in my sig lasts a long time. It has had two repairs, both were covered under warranty. The ignition tumbler failed twice allowing the key to become stuck upon removal. It now has 25K miles on it and still feels as solid as new, it does have some sounds that pop up here and there like a whine on deceleration that I've only heard twice. Also, the other day I noticed a constant light squeaking sound at idle. Time will tell I guess.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Other then name, nothing

But funny nonetheless
lol.gif

2.slow
37.gif

Don't worry, I'm already a key tag carrying RCR fan

803115461_9441_zpscw9jc91g.jpg

IMG_20170222_195154509_zpsqhtxkrt9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back