Should gas stations be mandated to have chargers as well?

I'm surprised they don't have chargers already, but I agree they should.

It would also be nice if those EV chargers had a roof over them. I also don't like how the charger plugs point down, so water can pool in them. They should point up, so that the water will drain down.

I'm surprised they don't have chargers already, but I agree they should.

It would also be nice if those EV chargers had a roof over them. I also don't like how the charger plugs point down, so water can pool in them. They should point up, so that the water will drain down.

There should be a drain hole. I haven't heard of rain ingress ever being a problem.

Nah. I would think that businesses that chose to get into EV charging, would be more motivated to provide the number of chargers that they can satisfy the market, and keep them maintained so they are available. As the market grows, they will also be motivated to be competitive.

I don't see a business that is mandated to have EV chargers, being very motivated to do any more than would be legally required.

Electric vehicles are the future. Yet ICE vehicles will be here for decades as well.

Should all gas stations be mandated to have chargers? Is having 1-2 chargers minimum reasonable?

I think so.
No, of course not.
Gosh, now we will have government forcing private businesses to carry services and products?
Never will happen, not possible, never will happen, not possible, never will happen, not possible.

Last edited:
A private business mandated to sell a product? Seriously?
We have long since had that...wedding cakes and health insurance come to mind.
My personal feeling would be "NO" but we're probably past the point where anything can be called a "private business" anymore since nearly every aspect of the business' operation is touched by some sort of regulation or cost.

Electric vehicles are the future. Yet ICE vehicles will be here for decades as well.

Should all gas stations be mandated to have chargers? Is having 1-2 chargers minimum reasonable?

I think so.
mandated is not gonna happen as seen by the arm chair gas station owners on this thread.

however alot of chain gas station owners are already looking into this as being part of their future plans. They need to adapt to future, and will to survive.

Buckees will partner with MB to retrofit their stations with chargers. 30 stations at the end of 2024
Several gas companies are investing into charging hubs adjacent to their gas stations

Last edited:
Back