Shortages.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird but there was no Mercon V in our town, but still need to hit up NAPA. No Jumbo paper towel packs. Lots of TP available.
Last TP and paper towel shortage, I got some at a janitorial supply. Went again a couple of weeks ago and got a jumbo TP pack and a jumbo paper towel pack (the only way they sell it. 48 roll TP pack, 36 roll paper towel pack).

meadow,I know what you are saying about electrical panels, I work for Square D and we are working 7 days a week making electrical panel and cannot keep up with demand. Small breakers that are used in these panels are even worse.
In Idaho From Boise to Caldwell it seems every Corn or Alfalfa field close to I 84 is having housing tracts being built on them.

Seeing the same things in the HVAC trade. In the summer we were having trouble getting air conditioners. Now that its cold there is shortage of furnaces.

BAH! It's just people.

-Got scared and bought a bunch of guns/ammo on the flash.
-Got crazy low loans and everyone wants to build a house/buys stuff for this.
-Crazy low car rates, promos, everyone buys a car.

It's just how it do.

In Idaho From Boise to Caldwell it seems every Corn or Alfalfa field close to I 84 is having housing tracts being built on them.
low interest investment boom.

The "shortage" in TP seems to be ok if you pay full price and go to a store less visited, or a major store for major brand early in the morning.

meadow,I know what you are saying about electrical panels, I work for Square D and we are working 7 days a week making electrical panel and cannot keep up with demand. Small breakers that are used in these panels are even worse.

Good stuff - my go to.

Couldn't get it for my genset project and had to go Eaton.

Its true availability of components worldwide is challenged.
I cant get enough parts in my business to keep up with sales even buying a year out.

Tons of parts backorders, even worse than normal for Ford. Brake pads for newer Super dutys, the lower oil pans for the 6.7 that cannot be reused when removed, TPMS sensors, F-150 axle bearings. Some with ETA off of backorder into March of 2021, I have one of the recall rear cameras with an ETA of Christmas 2021. Most have no estimated date whatsoever.

Bicycles, disinfectant aresol sprays and toilet paper 🧻 here
Ammonia - nowhere to be found locally
Yep, bikes for sure - in particular mountain bikes. In the $1500-$6000 range there just are NONE. And then, there really are no 27.5" bikes............because, you guessed it - all manufacturers pretty much converting to 29ers.

TP has been ok, I only have two spare bedrooms full. The other is still full of .22LR. :LOL:

Oddly unlike most years, lots and lots of Christmas lights. Usually the local stores are pretty bare about now.

The TP shortage is not supply driven. Hoarding is the issue. The only reason there is even a run on TP is because Australia actually gets a lot of theirs from China who stopped shipping it. The media whipped it into a worldwide issue instead of a very localized problem. Alberta and BC pulp mills are working at normal capacity...there is no shortage but I'll sell you a roll if you need it.

I got a Rheem 97% efficient furnace installed at the beginning of this year I believe late January early February, got a fantastic price on it installed. One of their top of the line models. The installer also had a coupon for a free Aprilaire whole house humidifier if you bought the furnace. Nobody could believe the deal. I guess timing is everything. It is weird there is a furnace shortage. That means you are not going to get good deals either.

By the way I can recommend Rheem to anyone, it is two stage burner, completely silent, and the house comfort is like night and day compared to the old furnace I had. I actually turn down the thermostat because the heat is so even. It’s a two stage burner and continuously variable speed fan not fixed speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back