Short trips question

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
It's just a mile to work, huh? I'd walk or take a bicycle (Well, not if it's freezing!).
tongue.gif

Wimp.

tongue.gif

I am surprised nobody raised the point of synthetics interfering with proper break-in. There is another thread here "Redline not good for new engines" or something. For at least until next fall, I would stick with a reliable dino 5W-20 and the biggest filter I could find. An engine heater might be great too. Just don't lose the freeze plug installing one.

For my mostly short trips with occasional long trips, I am sticking with 4 renewals of Pennzoil 5W30 dino a year whether my car or truck needs it or not.

Arranging your life to minimize driving is good for both the environment and your quality of life. Nothing wrong with having fun when you do have to drive.

From the Mobil 1 Website under the Myths section:

You should break in your engine with conventional oil, then switch to Mobil 1.

You can start using Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ in new vehicles at any time, even in brand-new vehicles. In fact, Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ is original equipment (it is installed at the factory) in:

* Chevrolet Corvette
* All Porsche vehicles
* Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
* Dodge Viper
* Ford Mustang Cobra R
* All Aston Martin cars

One of the myths that persists about Mobil 1 is that new engines require a break-in period with conventional oil. Current engine manufacturing technology does not require this break-in period. As indicated by the decisions of the engineers who design these high-performance cars, Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ can be used in an engine from the day you drive the car off the showroom floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back