Short battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer! Back in 13 I bought 2 of A-zones agm platinum batteries for my truck. I always buy agm batteries because They usually last 8 or more years with no corrosion.

Got them tested today and both are bad. 230 and 360 amps only! I am suprized that the 420cuin diesel even starts.

Going battery shopping I guess.

Are those the Odysseys they offshored? That sucks, they're riding the name (style) into the ground.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Are those the Odysseys they offshored? That sucks, they're riding the name (style) into the ground.
i dunno who made them. Seems like all tne stores carry the same agm batteries with a grey case. Just different stickrrs

In your climate I'd find a battery with caps so you can add water. Also go with one with the lowest CCA you'll need for your climate.

AZ AGM's are made by JC.
These are the ones I've seen at my local AZ

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Warstud
In your climate I'd find a battery with caps so you can add water. Also go with one with the lowest CCA you'll need for your climate.

+1. And be extra sure the cable impedance is equal.

....go with one with the lowest CCA you'll need for your climate.

Does a lower CCA Battery last longer??
I always thought the higher the CCA, the better.

Buy the highest CCA that will fit and trickle charge it every 6months or so.

I still have the factory batter in my 2009 CTS cranking just fine in the teens this week. I put a charger on it every 6months or sooner to help keep it up to charge.

Originally Posted By: incognito_2u
....go with one with the lowest CCA you'll need for your climate.

Does a lower CCA Battery last longer??
I always thought the higher the CCA, the better.

Higher CCA batteries tend to have thinner plates that give good "oomph" for initial start, but don't have the life of thicker plates (lower CCA). It is a trade off you have to deal with unless you get into batteries that are 2-3x what most want to pay for a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back