Shell V Power, no luv ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search on Shell V Power system cleaner and there's a few older post and not much really said here compared to MMO, Techron, Gumout Regane....

Here we are today older, wiser, more experienced. Whats the scoop on Shell V Power system cleaner ? Is it being replaced by Gumout Regane (both are Shell products) and only being used in Shell gas ?

Big Lots has Shell V Power system clearner for $2.00, is it worth that ? They have two different types, one says use every 3,000 miles and the other says use every 5,000 miles, both treat 20 gal. gas.

I use seafoam personally and but it when it goes on sale...Techron is good stuff but not sure about the Shell V power for 2.00 though it sounds like a good deal

Originally Posted By: FastGame
I did a search on Shell V Power system cleaner and there's a few older post and not much really said here compared to MMO, Techron, Gumout Regane....

MMO is just stoddard solvent and contains ZERO PEA (polyetheramins), I personally do not believe in the fuel-injector (ported FI only, not GDI) cleaning capability of stoddard solvent.

I'd use it (V-pwr) if it's cheap.

Q.

According to the MSDS, it is 90-100% gasoline with the remainder being listed below. It doesn't look impressive to me, but at least as good as SeaFoam.

Contains Benzene, CAS # 71-43-2. Contains Toluene, CAS #
108-88-3. Contains Ethylbenzene, CAS # 100-41-4. Contains
n-Hexane, CAS # 110-54-3. Contains Xylene (Mixed Isomers),
CAS # 1330-20-7. Contains Naphthalene, CAS # 91-20-3.
Contains Cyclo-hexane, CAS# 110-82-7.
Contains Tri-methyl-benzene (all isomers), CAS# 25551-13-7.
Dyes and markers can be used to indicate tax status and
prevent fraud.

Thanks to all, guess this stuff has no PEA like Techron or Regane. I'll throw it in the tank if I buy some cheap low grade gas.

Last edited:
I think if its at Big Lots, likely it's "on its way out"....usually typical of products that don't sell, they sell them off to these close out/Outlet stores to pawn off
wink.gif

I wouldn't hesistate to use it in my tank though.....but yea, no experience with it.

Slick 50 seems to be another one. It's one of the higher priced additives (next to Seafoam....which is a multi-purpose additive, STPs is not....it comes in a bottle for the gas only...) - curious if the "Slick 50" fuel additive has a PEA or anything "special" to it, other than it's name.....sure wouldn't want that PTFE or whatever it's called clogging the fuel filter
smile.gif

In the danger/precaution part of the label on the bottle of V-Power it says it contains petroleum distillates and amines. My bottle of gumout regane only says contains petroleum distillates. So I am to believe that the V-power has the PEA and Regane doesn't???

The cars run smoother on it.

It does smell like stinky fish. So it might have amines in it.

I still have a few bottles from when AAP was clearancing them at 95 cents apiece.

So V-Power has the PEA ?

Big Lots has a bunch (treats 20 gal.) for $1.00, maybe I'll get more and use it in everything.

So for 100% there's no PEA ? oh and @ $1-$2 (Big Lots) I only wish the others had that premium cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back