Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20 UOA Honda Civic

Results are in for Shell Rotella Gas Truck 0W-20 in a 2013 Honda Civic (1.8L, non-turbo)
From this earlier post I was looking for High Ca/High Moly oil:
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5250127/1
I arrived at Shell Rotella Gas/Truck. It was also on rebate.

Results are about in-line with prior results on Idemitsu Eco Moly.
TBN was quite a bit lower, but that did not affect wear metals. Probably couldn't go much longer, but I wouldn't want to go more than 8-8.5K mi anyway between oil changes.

I was spiking the Eco moly with a little ZDDP, so z/p were elevated intentionally. May do that on this current interval.
I used the Shell Rotella again, so will have another data point to report in another 6 months.

Any comments? This is a decently controlled experiment, so let me know if there are other suggestions.
Fortunately or unfortunately this engine is pretty robust so may be difficult for anything to look significantly better/worse.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You can go to 10K easy which is the factory recommended OCI IRC. There is a lot of life left in that oil. It's in the 20 grade range with no signs of oxidation. It's a boring UOA.

Boring is good as far as UOA's go.

My FR-S sprouted a fold out tow mirrors, a stack, and goofy dished mud tires when I switched to RGT.

That's some serious Mo in that oil. Lot of test results I've seen Mo was usually in 70 - 130 range.

Originally Posted by js1956
That's some serious Mo in that oil. Lot of test results I've seen Mo was usually in 70 - 130 range.

Yeah, i went and searched some other VOA/UOA and it should be about 160-170.
I didn't actually change the oil filter, but i wouldn't think that would affect it that much. Guess next oil change will tell.

Back