Shell Rimula R4 X 15w40 , zddp level ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

What approx zddp level in this ?

( I note the SL ,so presume ok in petrol engine ,'70s Mustang V8 )

Shell Rimula R4 X 15w40

API CI-4 , CH-4 ,CG-4 , CF-4 , SL
ACEA E7 , E5 , E3

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_GTDS_Shell_Rimula_R4_X_15W-40_%28CI-4_E7_DH-1%29_%28en%29_TDS.pdf

Thanks in advance .

Unless one can track down a VOA or even some trended UOAs, I'd guess very roughly 1200 to 1400 ppm, given the specifications. Perhaps an email to Shell would be in order.

I wonder how accurate this VOA result is . I doubt this add pack would result in to 1.45%wt Suphated Ash listed by Shell. TBN is totally wrong too...

[Linked Image]

I'd expect P and Zn levels to be still around 1200-1300 ppm like many other analogues with the same builder approvals.

I dont find P/Zn levels too low....they are stil in 1100/1000ppm range wich is enough.....

Yeah TBN @7.x seems too low for a full saps HDEO oil...

But I often red in VOA /UOA section here that TBN /TAN readings can be way "off" sometimes...

I think that VOA might not be hugely accurate, the TDS says the TBN is supposed to be 10.5.

I remember seeing another VOA somewhere of R4X whwere the Zinc was around the 1250ppm mark.

Ofcourse there are going to be variations in production but not that big.

Last edited:
Rotella line has never been identical to Rimula .

As for the pic with the VOA results for the Rimula R4X above there are some possibilities - wrong pic posted on the Russian forum or fake oil tested or lab screwed the results (improbable IMHO).

Also, Rotella is CK-4 and carries MB 228.31 and Volvo VDS-4.5, which limits the SA (< 1.0) and P.

Rimula is MB 228.3 and Volvo VDS-3.

But i also believe the Zinc levels will be around 1150ppm. But i was expecting more TBN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back