shell or delo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron DELO works very well in my International diesel. Seemed to make it a tad more quiet than others that I have tried, ie: Castrol Tection Extra, Pennzoil Long Life. It's usually cheaper around these parts as well.

CI-4+ Delo is hard to beat. It consistently gave me my best UOAs on my last truck compared to Rotella, Delvac 1300, & M1 T&S. What are you using it in?

planning on switching my 140,000 miles '94 Toyota 4x4 to a 15-40 oil. Tired of paying Mobil 1 prices. Around me... Shell is cheaper than delo. not by much though.

quote:

Originally posted by Toy4x4runner:
how close of performance are we talking between the rotella and delo?

Delo tends to give synthetic like wear protection according to UOA's. I know with Powerstrokes, I usually see higher Iron wear with Rotella comapred to Delo.

Although Shell is a good product, I'm a big fan of the Delo and have had excellent results. I get much better results with Delo in the T444E's and 6BTAs I'm currently running in my own "fleet."

If the price is close, I'd go Delo.

Although Shell is a good product, I'm a big fan of the Delo and have had excellent results. I get much better results with Delo (talking strictly Dino of course) in the T444E's and 6BTAs I'm currently running in my own "fleet."

If the price is close, I'd go Delo, in a gas engine either will probably do well might just be a matter of price at this point. Sorry about the double post, shouldn't be trying to type and fill out warrenty forms at once I guess.

Ok, I'll try Delo. my brother's LS1 Trans Am has Rotella in it as of last week. But i haven't switched yet.. I'm using up my stock pile of syn havoline i bought on sale for 1.25/qt!!

My 4Runner Turbo diesel has run 85,000 km on Delo, with excellent results, including the torture test I did about 16 months ago.
Shell doesn't sell any group II oils here, most of what they sell is CF-4 or CG-4 group I.

quote:

Originally posted by widman:
My 4Runner Turbo diesel has run 85,000 km on Delo, with excellent results, including the torture test I did about 16 months ago.
Shell doesn't sell any group II oils here, most of what they sell is CF-4 or CG-4 group I.

Just the opposite in the U.S. wideman. All of Shells motor oils are CI-4+ and all are made from Group II base stocks.

Delo 400 or Delvac Super,have survived the super heat and dust torture test here in India running at 50C outside temps with heavy load,also -15C test in the colder regions as well.Returns the best mileage and life here.

quote:

Originally posted by Toy4x4runner:
do we have any scientific numbers for shear on either oil? or maybe some Timken OK test numbers?

Take a look at the Delo and Shell VOAs. Both have great add. pacs, but Delo is a little better.

"Timken OK test numbers?"
lol.gif

sorry wrong oil type Timken is for gear and grease a PCMO or HDEO will do real lousy on a timken test probably bruce

Get your Delo now folks... The local WM's are closing out gallons for 7.00 . The manager says "No Mo Delo". AA is giving the quarts away for 1.75 and 75% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back