Shell Nito+ 93-octane premium in Canada

Seeing ads on Facebook for Shell Canada stations starting to offer ‘Nitro+ 93 octane premium’ at certain stations in Canada.
Don’t know if this is old news, and I haven’t actually seen it bc I don’t tend to fill up at Shell, just thought it was interesting to see another choice in a 91+ octane premium for those who need/want it.

Bring it to California, I remember when 76 offered 100/110 back in the day, was a temporary special. :unsure:

From the shell canada website:

"Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ 93 delivers our very best performance and is now available at select sites in British Columbia, Alberta, and Ontario. You can also find Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ 91 across Canada!"

Shell 91 V-power now has "up to 10% ethanol" stickers on the pump at my local shell here in Winnipeg.

Provincial regulations changed here on Jan 1st 2022 that require all gasoline sold in Manitoba to contain 10% ethanol.

My Jaguar X-Type loves the stuff. I've had some real and significant octane troubles in NY, due to unscrupulous people in the gasoline world. Shell seems immune to the problems and given the chance, that's where I go for gas now. Always get 360-380 miles per tank on Shell 93.

By way of comparison, a batch of regular in my car will reduce MPG to stupid levels, the engine pulls a LOT of timing, and the car won't go. Where as true 93 will result in 26-28 MPG.

Bring it to California, I remember when 76 offered 100/110 back in the day, was a temporary special. :unsure:
You can still find 100 octane at the pump here and there, but it’s crazy expensive. I’d be happy if we had the 92 we used to have many years ago. Anything would be better than the 91 we currently have

Back