NEW Shell V-Power NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline

I just got this email. We don't have Chevrons nearby to run Techron when filling up, anyone know if this is as good for general carbon deposit reduction?

Performance unbound
Shell V-Power Nitro+
Performance unbound​
New Shell V-Power® NiTRO+ Premium Gasoline removes up to 100% of performance-robbing deposits to rejuvenate your engine’s performance.*

This innovative fuel targets and destroys deposits while protecting against future buildup. So if you value performance, go with
Shell V-Power® NiTRO+.

See all the benefits of this groundbreaking fuel in the Shell App.​

Last edited:
I thought I saw an article several months ago about Royal Dutch Shell pulling out of the retail gas station market? I know less than a month ago we lost our 2 Shell stations to a brand called DK-Delek. Anyone have the same experience?

I’m a big fan of Vpower, it and Amoco Ultimate are two of the highest detergent fuels you can get around here.

Not many Shell stations though and the ones there are are trashy so mostly Ultimate for me.

Now I’m curious I will have to drive buy and see if they have switched.

Looking at the prices, must be a high volume rental return gas station. I live well north of Toronto and Costco gas is $1.43 for regular. Those V-Power prices are eye watering.
The 93 is about $5.50 US per US gallon.
Seems typical for any airport area I see. They know people will be returning rental cars so they squeeze out some extra 💰

Just my $0.02

All gasoline comes from the same regional tank farms. The only thing some brands do is blend in extra additives at the loading rack.

Unless your vehicle calls for premium, you're wasting your money. Shell's other fuels have extra additives since they participate in the Top Tier program.

I use premium for mixed gas since it's ethanol free, and paid $4.59/gallon at a Shell station last week.

All gasoline comes from the same regional tank farms. The only thing some brands do is blend in extra additives at the loading rack.

Unless your vehicle calls for premium, you're wasting your money. Shell's other fuels have extra additives since they participate in the Top Tier program.

I use premium for mixed gas since it's ethanol free, and paid $4.59/gallon at a Shell station last week.
In hot , humid summer weather here in Georgia regular 87 octane just isn't all that great in my Hyundai 2.4L GDI . By switching to premium just for the hotter , humid months the 93 octane brings back the power lost versus 87 octane in same high temps and humidity.

I thought I saw an article several months ago about Royal Dutch Shell pulling out of the retail gas station market? I know less than a month ago we lost our 2 Shell stations to a brand called DK-Delek. Anyone have the same experience?
They have been pulling back for years. They only have one Refinery left in the US and that's in Louisiana. Delek is a relatively small company with a few refineries and it's an Israeli company.

i snagged up 93 clear for cheaper than 89 e10 in Springfield Missouri area. Lots of Lamborghini and sport bikes filling up on it too. I think 🤔 the attendant put the wrong price on the pumps.

Attachments

• 20230804_143553.jpg
    20230804_143553.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 152
All gasoline comes from the same regional tank farms. The only thing some brands do is blend in extra additives at the loading rack
True. I have a Jaguar that absolutely requires 93 for proper operation. I do see huge differences in "knock events", "timing pulled" and MPG, between random stations in NY. Mostly when the NJ mafia ships regular instead of premium. No amount of secret sauce helps this problem.

There are sometimes random differences in Ethanol content, and there is, of course, E-Free fuel of various octanes available. Likely transported in a way to minimize contamination.

I have a Shell station in town, but it's out of the way from where I normally go and I'm in the land of Kwik Trips, so that's where I end up other than the Mobil near my home.

True. I have a Jaguar that absolutely requires 93 for proper operation. I do see huge differences in "knock events", "timing pulled" and MPG, between random stations in NY. Mostly when the NJ mafia ships regular instead of premium. No amount of secret sauce helps this problem.

There are sometimes random differences in Ethanol content, and there is, of course, E-Free fuel of various octanes available. Likely transported in a way to minimize contamination.

That's one of the things that keeps me going to Kwik Trip here. Premium is only 91, but it is ethanol free.

Here in Vermont, we have five major brands. Citgo, ExxonMobil, Shell, Sunoco, and Irving. Plus a couple of convenience store brands, and an occasional Gulf station. Shell has a discount program, and if you stick to Shell exclusively, you can score 10 cents a gallon off on gasoline, sometimes 20 cents on premium.

As a result, I have been running a lot of 93 octane Shell in the Corvette these days. It runs fine, but it only has 6000 miles on it.

There are no Shell stations in NY. But I used to go to NW PA and they had several Shell stations but most or all either closed or changed to off brands sadly by last Fall or Winter...

Back