Shell Dino v. Syn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Shell's takeover of PZ/QS I thought it might be interesting to look at their conventional and synthetic products.

Unfortunately their data sheets aren't very complete.

For 5W30
Formula Shell: Flash 216C, Pour -41C
Synthetic Shell Flash 225, Pour -36

Those look like good pour points for the dino. Shell, but I've never seen an oil that offered a significantly lower pour point for the conventional than a synthetic product. Is the same product as the Equilon Havoline lubricants? Shell doesn't get much air play for a company of that size. Maybe that's why they bought PZ/QS.

Not a cheap shot but no telling what will come of Pennzoil and Q-State .Time will tell for users of those three brands I suppose? They "Shell " moved into Oklahoma and there is alot of TV Commercials about their Gasoline but their oils are only at the stations,except the Rotella at Walmart. They did not bring their 94 octane gas with them either.

I really expected all the stores to get stocked with their oils,ain't happened yet!

I didn't realize Shell had 94 octane. I rarely gas up at Shell, but I thought the only brand in my area (Michigan) with 94 octane was Sunoco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back