SF's SynchroGlide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a F-150 with one of those "less than perfect" 5 speed Mazda manual tranny's. It shifted like sh*t with the factory fluid, Mercon, in any temp. I changed to Schaeffer's #204S Mercon ATF. It shifted better, especially in the cold temps. But in any temps above the mid 30's the shifting quality left a lot to be desired
rolleyes.gif
. I tried Mola's SF SynchroGlide, a Group IV and Group V, which is thicker than ATF plus it has EP and AW additives that ATF doesn't have. The shifting quality is much better even at 18*F temps and also even at 60*F temps. The tranny is still a p*ss poor design but at least the SynchroGlide made it more pleasant and usable. A big thumb's up to MolaKule to design a fluid that will help overcome p*ss poor engineering
grin.gif

Whimsey

I just got my shipment of SF stuff (VERY fast service I might add!) Can't wait to get the MTFGlide in the Bimmer's box. Lifetime fluid be dammed! Lots of the folks on the BMW boards are using RL D4ATF but this fluid will do better I'm sure. Mola states about a fourfold increase in EP/AW adds over the RL and plus it carries a GL4 rating! SF gear lube going in the diff too. Now all it needs is some SF 5W-30
grin.gif
Coming soon Mola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back