Severe Weather NY. To Georgia Tonight

This year in MD. we have had the most violent storms I can ever remember.
They come out of nowhere with very heavy rain and lightning.
We had a weird 30-minute severe HEAVY rain last night and nothing since.

It's been a heavy rain year here too, with lots of heavy rain at that. Happy that it's not us again, but sad for those who will get hit by it all the same.

I'd like to not see another tornado in the area tonight.

We got out unscathed from the last one.

We had it last night across southern Indiana and northern Kentucky..

My NY office near Newburgh, NY has been unusually cool this summer. Not even warm enough to go swimming at my fav swimming holes. Brrrr.

My FL home has been no hotter than usual. With the high's in the low 90's, cooling nicely when it rains. Beach was nice yesterday, water temp 85, normal for August. Depends on how close the Gulf Stream comes to shore, whether we have a hard rain, and if the tide is going out or in, as the intracoastal waters flowing out of jupiter inlet and into the ocean can be very warm.

Jupiter-Inlet-South-Jetty.png

Just four or five miles can make a world of difference with these storms. Last week had storms above and below me but not much where I am. I looked east and could see all hayl breaking loose toward I95. My grandson lives there and he said it was a white out. Mini tornado. Massive tree torn out. Scary for him.

You are not in my area. We get it bad here but just 7 miles away Oxford PA. Gets is far worse ...far far worse ..
I'm 50 some miles away from Baltimore city. Different ballgame
If its not there now it will be soon, I am 15 miles outside of Martinsburg, WV and we have been getting hammered for the last hour. High wind, heavy rain and lots of lightning coming from the west. Hope your gutters are clean.

Back