Sesame Street - not just for toddlers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2-year-old was watching Sesame Street when Jessica Alba introduced the "word of the day" which happened to be "SCRUMPTIOUS".

These guys are positively genius.

Originally Posted By: lyle
The 2-year-old was watching Sesame Street when Jessica Alba introduced the "word of the day" which happened to be "SCRUMPTIOUS".

These guys are positively genius.

Doesn't get any better than that. Now you'll be watching Sesame Street until your kid is about 20
grin2.gif

Don't really know who she is... Not much for the whole "Entertainment" or TMZ thing... Is she one of those "Blondes" that Scrumptious would be too big of a word for?

It's an interesting phenomena that shows obstensably for children can be written to have different and higher level meaning for adults. Lots of the animated movies for example - kids laugh in one place, adults laugh in another.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
'The Simpsons" is another one ostensibly written for children, but is only fully appreciated by adults.

The Simpsons is probably the most successful example of this bi-level humor, even though for the last several seasons the plots have decidedly turned more mature than they were previously.

No more "eat my shorts" and "don't have a cow, man" if you catch my drift.

I don't think THE SIMPSONS was ever directed at children. Matt Groening drew AKBAR AND JEFF long before he ever did THE SIMPSONS, and even though it was comic book format, it was never supposed to be directed at kids. Cripes, I won't even let the 14-yr-old watch FAMILY GUY!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Oh... Now I see... Well at least the boys will tu here rn out straight!
LOL.gif

Does anyone remember the Dorito commercial girl. She would walk through a library and a bunch of guys opened umbrellas. She made it almost all the way through the place and then turned back and bit into a Dorito and the sprinkler system let loose.

She hosted a kids show.

I think that this is her here ...and here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back