Series 60 engine concerns.

Whatever it is that I’m overwhelmingly ignorant about let me know. I’m always willing to learn.
It's the way you come across. Essentially you tell people their stupid cause they may not understand something or interpret it differently then you. Maybe everyone else don't see it that way cause apparently they see you as a bitog God. But that's how I interpreted you last couple transmissions, that's why I said ease up. I don't eat,.sleep and **** oil samples, I'm sure many others don't here either. I'm trying to figure out what my issue is, how I look at my sample and how you do are 2 different points if view apparently.

So apparently the issue with Polaris was partially me and their online system malfunctioning at the same time. Finally got the sample sent and a response back.

Screenshot_20220210-141004_Drive~2.jpg

The fuel at 2% GC isn’t terrible but I think most of your shear is from use. If you want it to stay in grade you need an oil with better base stocks. Or change it frequently.

What was the mileage on that sample?

The fuel at 2% GC isn’t terrible but I think most of your shear is from use. If you want it to stay in grade you need an oil with better base stocks. Or change it frequently.

What was the mileage on that sample?
8200 miles on this oil. I've tried Chevron and Phillips both, short of going with amsoil or Shaffer what other option is there? What's about an additive like Lucas as much as I hate to.

The HPL oils are extremely shear stable. Talk to David he will help you out, their customer service is excellent.

The HPL oils are extremely shear stable. Talk to David he will help you out, their customer service is excellent.
I think I have before. The issue with his product is availability. I hate having to order and ship and all that. I like oils that are readily available.

The problem with that is you’re not likely to find something off the shelf that will do what you want it to do.

The problem with that is you’re not likely to find something off the shelf that will do what you want it to do.
I don't understand why my engine is doing this. Thousands of these engines running daily. I've seen dozens of UOA and they have good viscosity. I don't really want some "special blend" if I can avoid it. Pretty certain that's what their specialty is and it comes at a hefty price.

I don't understand why my engine is doing this. Thousands of these engines running daily. I've seen dozens of UOA and they have good viscosity. I don't really want some "special blend" if I can avoid it. Pretty certain that's what their specialty is and it comes at a hefty price.
It's doing that because You are putting out way more power than it was designed for! The thousands running the roads are 430/470 hp. Not 650.

It's only 12.7L.

Any interest in trying a 15w50 @thejudges69? This way if it shears you are still at a 40 weight oil…

I had issues with my 6.7L Cummins and Delvac 5w40. I switched to Delvac 15w40 and it solved the issue.

Just my $0.02

Any interest in trying a 15w50 @thejudges69? This way if it shears you are still at a 40 weight oil…

I had issues with my 6.7L Cummins and Delvac 5w40. I switched to Delvac 15w40 and it solved the issue.

Just my $0.02
Not opposed to it at all. But still tough to find in the north. I'm really open to ideas, including listening to HPL, but I like simplicity also. Last I talked to David, I had to call a lady, order it, had to be blended and then shipped. And if I recall it was an extremely high cost compared to readily available oils.

I’m not sure about your location but Farm and Fleet here in Iowa carry’s Mystik JT8 15w50.

I’ve got 12 gallons of the 15w40 on hand to use after my current fill of Delvac 1300 15w40 has run it’s course.

Just my $0.02

Back