Sent out for my C&R license yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who don't know:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=curio+and+relic+ffl

Heard they are only taking 3 weeks to come in now! Gotta build up the collection before these morons in office screw it all up for good.
frown.gif

Yeah a Curios and Relic license allows for collectors to forego having to do a FFL transfer. So you can get firearms shipped directly to your door if they are classified as a curio or relic.

Straight from the ATF website:

Q: What is a firearm curio or relic?
Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

These points seem to make it somewhat limiting from a true "collector" standpoint, does it not?

Not if you collect guns made before 1963 it isnt. My friend has one and he is a big collector of world war firearms. He has tons of really cool and out there firearms.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
You also get dealer pricing from quite a few online retailers.

I miss this part. Got spoiled when I had my FFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back