Selling my Taco

My wife wants a new car and I will inherit her 2014 Subaru Crosstrek if we do this. Vroom is willing to pay us $23,211 for my 2015 Tacoma Access cab 4x4 with 60,500 miles. I paid 30k for the Taco 6 years ago and it has been a good truck but now that we are retired, I don't really need a truck or the bad gas mileage that it comes with.

She wants a new awd RAV4 and I think that I'm going to do it but I'm willing to hear differing opinions from the collective. Fire away.

Reactions: JC1
Really partial to them Tacomas. Great vehicles. We have never been disappointed with our various Toyotas and I'm sure the Rav4 is another good vehicle. Had Tacomas, Rav4's and now on our second 4runner, 2021 TRD Pro. They all have been great vehicles. That Tacoma need to be used and would be an easy sell with the Manual trans.

My wife wants a new car and I will inherit her 2014 Subaru Crosstrek if we do this. Vroom is willing to pay us $23,211 for my 2015 Tacoma Access cab 4x4 with 60,500 miles. I paid 30k for the Taco 6 years ago and it has been a good truck but now that we are retired, I don't really need a truck or the bad gas mileage that it comes with.

She wants a new awd RAV4 and I think that I'm going to do it but I'm willing to hear differing opinions from the collective. Fire away.
I would get rid of it if you don't need it, 23K and they take it away is not bad and probably better than dealer trade in with their shenanigans.
The gas powered model has a regular automatic but the hybrid has ecvt and those expensive batteries electric motors along with the gas engine and a 2500 up charge to boot. For me that is a deal breaker on every level but to each their own poison.

I guess the real question is, do you want to drive the crosstrek?
Really! :D

I love the Tacoma but I don't mind the Subie. It's a bit lethargic performance wise but I have a garage full of motorcycles to keep me entertained in the summer.

What is irritating me now is that new cars are apparently selling at MSRP, take it or leave it. My inner used car haggler heart is having a hard time with that.

I love the Tacoma but I don't mind the Subie. It's a bit lethargic performance wise but I have a garage full of motorcycles to keep me entertained in the summer.

What is irritating me now is that new cars are apparently selling at MSRP, take it or leave it. My inner used car haggler heart is having a hard time with that.
This comment sounds worthy of a new thread... put it here.

I would get rid of it if you don't need it, 23K and they take it away is not bad and probably better than dealer trade in with their shenanigans.
The gas powered model has a regular automatic but the hybrid has ecvt and those expensive batteries electric motors along with the gas engine and a 2500 up charge to boot. For me that is a deal breaker on every level but to each their own poison.

Unfortunately, my wife likes the hybrid.

I figure that it's the same basic technology that they have successfully used in the Prius for the past couple of decades so I'll just hope for the best.

You will be getting a nice premium for the Taco which eases the pain of paying sticker. Many dealers will match trade in offers from vroom, carvana, etc. Which will help with sales tax and give more negotiating power for an attractive OTD price.

You will be getting a nice premium for the Taco which eases the pain of paying sticker. Many dealers will match trade in offers from vroom, carvana, etc. Which will help with sales tax and give more negotiating power for an attractive OTD price.

The dealer can't come close to the deal that I'm getting from Vroom. However, they did say that if I bought within 90 days of selling the Tacoma that I could get a tax credit equal to what I sold it for. I'm in the process of checking that out now.

Back