Self reporting Honda maintenance on service records portal

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
I have to catch up with some self maintenance documentation that I've been doing on the family Hondas and will be entering data into Honda's web portal.

Has anyone used this site before? I will enter "self" under service facility, but want to make sure there isn't anything I might be missing here.

I have copies of receipts and even some UOA's on file.

Honda Self Reporting Website.JPG

So I use the Toyotas online service portal to input and track all maintenance done on these vehicles I own. I use it strictly for self documenting the date/mileage of services preformed and don’t need it for Warranty continuance. I find it convenient that I could track service on any particular vehicle when I want, where I want……
That Honda thumb-print looks similar too the Toyotas GUI.
Use the “Notes” section to document and service “checks” you perform during the maintenance .
You say you have Service receipts and UOA’s on file…..does the Honda site allow you to upload documentation of that sorts……if it does, that’s awesome!

I use the Honda Owner's site to record my maintenance on the 2019 Pilot. Easy to add services and I also can see any dealer services I have had done such as updates to the transmission software, etc. I also use the Ford Owner's site for my son's 2016 Escape.

Thanks for pointing out the Honda site...Just logged in all my service on my 2021 Honda HRV Sport AWD. Listed self as the service facility. Again thanks for posting this... When and if I ever have dealer service either maint. or warranty work will it also show up on this site??

If I use this Honda site to record my DIY maintenance would these entries show up in a CarFax report?

I use Autosist which allows you to upload copies of receipts as well as record your DIY maintenance AND I input the information on the manufacturer's site. Between the two that is more than sufficient documentation.

I have put in some of my data into Toyota's and Lexus' site for my vehicles. I hate those sites. They are cumbersome and lack a lot of info for the effort.

You can spend some time on various auto sites/forums/etc., and you will gather the same exact opinion I have over the years - 90% of the people couldn't care less about maintenance history ..... other than "it's had regular oil changes at X,000 miles".

I keep a spreadsheet of maintenance/repair data on Google Drive for all my cars. This way, it's easily accessible from nearly anywhere, much easier to print, read, understand (versus printing those manufacturer sites) and I don't get some non-responsive message from the site after I've spent 30 minutes typing stuff in....

When/if the time comes to sell a vehicle, I will state that I have full maintenance/service history and print it out for the buyer. I can tell you that most don't care or even want it.

Back