Seeking Insurance > 4 Vehicles per Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know of an insurance provider that does not limit the number of vehicles per policy to four? I currently have two policies for my vehicles, and with those two policies, lose much of the financial benefit of having multiple vehicles on a policy.

Thanks.

I'm curious too. I wiffle waffle between 3 and 5. If I had 4+ I'd have 2x policies with 2 cars so I get the multi car and multi policy discount.

Ask about "any owned vehicle" insurance tied to your license like a SR22 but not a penalty style.

Must be a state or company thing. Ive had four or more vehicles on my policy before, no issues. In fact, they start to give a but more discount because of the reality that one can't possibly drive that many vehicles at once.

I would really prefer that an option exust where one insured themself, instead of on a vehicle-by-vehicle basis.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Must be a state or company thing. Ive had four or more vehicles on my policy before, no issues. In fact, they start to give a but more discount because of the reality that one can't possibly drive that many vehicles at once.

I would really prefer that an option exust where one insured themself, instead of on a vehicle-by-vehicle basis.

Yes, it could very well be how the providers operate in Virginia. May I ask who your provider was when you had >4 on a policy?

I've got 5 vehicles on my policy right now. I've never heard of the 4 limit. I have USAA if that matters.

I have been told I have too many vehicles on my policy if I buy anymore I have to provide proof of title that I own it. I have been actually dinged for having too many vehicles and they raised my rates because this it is more a risky to have different vehicles.

I might be misunderstanding the situation, but I'm pretty sure State Farm sets it up so that you have a different policy for each vehicle, and multi-line discount would extend to each policy. I don't have over 4 so I don't have direct experience. Worth a call to check at least.

I have 4 vehicles on my policy presently, but have had 5 before.
Never any questions or problems, plus they give me additional discounts on 2 of them because of the fact that my wife and myself cannot drive all 4 at once plus the Mustang gets another price break because it is not driven in the winter. We are with Erie, if that company is available to you.

Originally Posted By: stockrex
I have been told I have too many vehicles on my policy if I buy anymore I have to provide proof of title that I own it. I have been actually dinged for having too many vehicles and they raised my rates because this it is more a risky to have different vehicles.

I figure they figure you're acting as a shill to register and insure cars for others who have multiple OUIs etc. Watching "COPS" there seem to be lots of ghetto dwellers driving their "girlfriend's cousins car".

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
I might be misunderstanding the situation, but I'm pretty sure State Farm sets it up so that you have a different policy for each vehicle, and multi-line discount would extend to each policy. I don't have over 4 so I don't have direct experience. Worth a call to check at least.
This.

Each vehicle in my fleet has a unique policy number, different renewal dates, etc., but I get a multicar discount on all 4 policies.

I currently have 5 vehicles on my policy with Ameriprise (Costco). Two have full coverage and the rest are liability only.

My premiums are around $160/mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back