Sealed window panel for house - jagged edge of glass on edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, you figure these things out too late.

The manufacturer of the windows that were installed in my house, when it was built, shouldn't be in the window business.

They've been sued via class action lawsuit, at least once, for the dismal quality of their windows. The seal between the panes of glass, simply fails, and moisture builds up between the panes. The problem is for me, it has been literally *every* window in the house.

So, they sent me this replacement sealed panel, that can be installed into a vinyl sash. As you can see, their attention to detail is top notch, as always. This apparently passed inspection, and this is how it was shipped to me.

How can I remove that snag of glass, without cracking the glass? They sent me a replacement for this one for free, but I'll use this one if I can, as it is needed.

The snag has to come off, so it can drop down into the vinyl sash surround.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Exchange it!

I already did. But this one is free and I'm going to use it

Find a local glass company, and explain your dilemma, they smooth it up for free, or for a few bucks, buy cheaper than you breaking it and having to buy the whole thing from them.

Last edited:
Score it with a glass cutter and then carefully snap it off is the easiest and quickest. A local glass dealer will have the tools & skills if you don't.

Grinding it down with anything will require abrasive made for glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back