Seafoam to clean GDI intake....wow!

For less money I'd rather try B12 Chemtool. I have more faith in that product than Seafoam.
27.gif

oh ill bet there are lots of people putting the stuff in the gas tank thinking they are cleaning deposits on there gdi engine
Unfortunately so.

I have a GDI and TGDI. Both get B12 and Techron (or another PEA based cleaner) every 30k miles.

I understand that the valves won’t get touched, but anything to help keep these high pressure injectors performing well will help the system as a whole.

For less money I'd rather try B12 Chemtool. I have more faith in that product than Seafoam.
27.gif
Same here b-12 or techron. I prefer not to add oil to my fuel, except for winter storage with tcw 3. I don't see how adding oil to fuel or spraying oil into the intake will do anything but make a snake oil smoke show.

Even the CRC intake valve cleaner spray has pea, but its mixed in diesel fuel. I wont use that anymore either.

Same here b-12 or techron. I prefer not to add oil to my fuel, except for winter storage with tcw 3. I don't see how adding oil to fuel or spraying oil into the intake will do anything but make a snake oil smoke show.

Even the CRC intake valve cleaner spray has pea, but its mixed in diesel fuel. I wont use that anymore either.
Just picked up a bottle of CRC IVD using my AutoZone points. I'll be giving it a try in 10k (which will be like 2 months driving for me).

Just picked up a bottle of CRC IVD using my AutoZone points. I'll be giving it a try in 10k (which will be like 2 months driving for me).
Check the sds. It has diesel fuel as the carrier for the PEA.

It you use a spray intake cleaner, just be careful. It could pool in a dry design intake and then when you really step on it, get sucked in at once and hydrolock a cylinder and BAM bent connecting rods.

Check the sds. It has diesel fuel as the carrier for the PEA.

It you use a spray intake cleaner, just be careful. It could pool in a dry design intake and then when you really step on it, get sucked in at once and hydrolock a cylinder and BAM bent connecting rods.
I assume that's what made the wham bang noise the OP was talking about. I fed a bit too much seafoam into a car once and it did that. I won't do it again. Not worth the risk.

Back