seafoam smoke??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i did hte seafoam thing thru the vaccuume lines and she smoked like crazy! (1992 Jeep 4.0 HO)
black smoke then gray.
runs much much smoother and got more get up and go.
my question is what color would seafoam probuce in a clean motor?
gray? white? none?
trying to judge if I should do another shot of seafoam to make her cleaner
lemme know your thoughts
Thanx
Rob

I'm thinking that in a clean motor, the smoke should be almost white. Whem you do the SeaFoam through the intake, you're basically replicating the smoke machines used in theatrical productions.

One shot is good enough for most motors. Toss another bottle into a full tank of gas and don't worry about it.

I would do a 2nd dose on a 13 year old engine.

Should be white smoke.

Are you using a full can?

This time try SeaFoam DeepCreep and spray half the bottle in the TB.

It will clean the TB, + DC is just an aerosol version of SF. It will clean the combustion chambers well also.

On an engine that old if it is running well now you are probably good. With that age there will be a lot of crap in the exhaust system that may be the current source of the dark smoke rather than in the engine. Not trying to say the engine is really that old as engine last a long time these days just saying remeber there is room for a lot of deposits between the engine and tailpipe and there has been plenty of time for them to form.

I did it in my drive way. I'm surprised the Fire Dept didnt show up. gray smoke, lots of it. The can had instructions warning about it BTW. Marked improvement, over and above passing NOx spec on re-test.

A few of my fellow Audi owners used SeaFoam, usually through the brake booster vac hose, but none of them reported any smoke. Everyone seemed to like the results, though, and reported either smoother idle, increased performance, less oil consumption, or improved gas mileage. Any idea why those Audis won't smoke like other cars? Most of these engines (2.8 V6) have now over 100k miles on the clock and the Intake manifolds internals look generally pretty sinister.

White smoke is probally from a clean engine. I might follow this up with a bottle of Techron in the gas, or some FP/LC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back