Seafoam q's

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome.gif

Any problems are not relevant to the work you did or the Seafoam, unless you knocked something else loose in the process.

Oil change won't help.

Sorry, but it looks like the computer may have gone South. You'll need a pro with the scan tool to determine. Since you decided to use Seafoam and change plugs, it must have be running not so good, so this was a pre-cursor to failure. I'd vote for electronic failure and may have be intermittent.

Is this a Bosch LH-Jet FI system? If so, see if the car will start and idle with the MAF unplugged. If it does, but will not start with the MAF plugged in, the MAF is bad.

Did you pour it through the brake booster with the vehicle running?

Sounds like you flooded it. Disable ignition&fuel, pull the plugs, and crank her for a minute. Clean/gap/reinstall the plugs, reconnect ignition/fuel, and she'll start right up.

quote:

Is this a Bosch LH-Jet FI system? If so, see if the car will start and idle with the MAF unplugged. If it does, but will not start with the MAF plugged in, the MAF is bad.

His car has a Hitachi ECU. I'm not sure if the engine will run in limp mode without the MAF being connected. According to my repair manual it does run, but my repair manual refers to a Euro Bosch ECU.

I would think at a (full) VAG-COM scan would help in determining what's wrong.

I think he already tried letting the Sea Foam vaporize with the spark plugs removed.

cknyoc, glad to see you decided to sign up here. I hope you'll find out what's wrong with your engine. How well does the engine turn over? It's possible that the ignition lock/switch or battery have decided to poop out right now.

I ran half a bottle of seafoam over the weekend. I know I should of started it within 5 mins, but I could only get to starting in 30 mins later and now the car doesnt start. Did I clog something up by waiting too long?

Ran it in what the crankcase? Fuel? Brake Booster? More information needed I think.

Also the model, year, make, trim, engine information of your car would be helpful.

opps sorry, its a 97 audi a4 2.8 V6 12 valve engine. I ran it through the brake booster. I added some to the oil a few days earlier. i have 135k on the car. I have a check engine light for the MAF sensor, but I put a new one in and it still doesnt start. I changed the plugs yesterday as well. Would changing the oil make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back