Seafoam in crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, excellent post! Very informed and not just assumptions followed up with insults.

I found the term "harsh solvent" to be a bit much too...and was thinking B12 when they said that as well.

Im still waiting for "damage" explainations though(with SEAFOAM).

Well you don't see Terry or Molekule weighing in on Seafoam for crankcase cleaning do you, what does that tell you.
What do you see them weighing in on?
What does that tell you?
Lube Control and Auto RX have been used extensively by many members here with good results.
If you are too cheap to buy these products, and want someone (anyone) to cosign your cheap can of seafoam as a sludge cleaner, be my guest. Someone will step up eventually.
You have been dismissive of folks who use the 'better' products for the job.
So suck it up and either get the right tools for the job or use the cheap tools for the job.
Decide.
That way you can stop your constant whining and sarcasm and trying to behave that you are smarter than everyone else.
It comes off smarmy.

No need to be smarmy yourself 'Tard. Don't like the discussion? then don't participate. Not everyone gets great results with ARX which is the chosen cleaner around here to tout and people try to discredit anyone who says they didn't see much improvement with it.

Seafom has been around a long time and if people didn't get good results then they wouldn't buy it. People on this board sometimes try to intimidate those who want to discuss products other than the highly endorsed ones on this forum and that's just not right.

Has anyone ever come on BITOG and said " I used Seafoam and it did a lousy job" or " I used Seafoam it it caused a problem or damage to my engine"? I found out about Seafoam here and I'm gald I did, I got great results with it.

It's one thing to put your two cents in 'Tard and say your opinion that a product has certain attributes that you don't like and that's why you don't recommend it, it's another to bash and be rude and condescending, we don't need that and it doesn't help anyone learn anything about the products we're discussing. Don't be a smarty, if you now something about a product being discussed then share it, otherwise what contribution are you making?

Changed word

[ October 08, 2005, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

If noone starts any new threads then this bourd will be dead with no discussions. Ask away and don't mind the peope who tell you to search old topics. By all means do search old topics for good information AND ASK TOO.

My experience with Seafoam in the crankcase is very good and I will do it again as needed with no worries. I got very good results with a 1996 3.4L Olds Silhouette. As solvent cleaners go, IMO Seafoam is not as harsh as some like Chemtool for example.

I had a can of Seafoam and some Marvel Mystery oil in for about 500 miles before changing the oil and it did some very good cleaning. The engine runs great and consumes no oil since.

Acceleration afterwards is very good. I also used 2 cans in the gas tank at the same time to do a good, thorough cleaning of the fuel system. I just wish that Seafoam was a little less expensive, I would use it more often in my gas.

A high dose of Lube Control, like a pint or a quart will do some good cleaning too. I think some people here are way too concerned about thinning the oil. If it's not for a long duration you can get good results and don't have to worry about friction/abrasion damage to bearings, cylinder walls and other metal to metal surfaces in the engine. The only way to know for sure is to do it and then tear down the engine and I don't see many people doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back