Scott Douglas - Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.amsoil.com/CORR/ScottDouglas.aspx

Quote:
At the 2006 World Championship races at Crandon International Raceway, Scott Douglas quickly moved into the lead on lap one with the AMSOIL Super Team F-150. By lap five Douglas' oil temperature going into the engine was over 310 degrees due to an oil cooler flow issue. After winning the race, Douglas quickly had the Speed Channel camera crew zoom in on his truck gauges to document the temperatures as he credited AMSOIL for keeping the Pro Power Racing engine alive. "It was great to win but we had big concerns about our primary engine because there were two more big races to run and our primary engine is about 40 HP more than the spare," said Douglas. "After thoroughly inspecting the engine, it was perfect. I can't say enough about AMSOIL products, they not only saved the engine, AMSOIL saved the weekend as we went on to win the Pro-4 race on Sunday and then captured the $125,000 Borg Warner cup later that same day. AMSOIL truly saved our record-breaking dream weekend."

I am also interested in this topic. My car has squirters in the block that shoot oil directly under the piston crowns.

High oil temps are a way of life with this engine.

Contingency dollars is why any racer uses any [or say they do] product. Redline or M1 oil would be used if the dollars were higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back