Scored 14 qts of GC in Porter Texas AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is definetly a sell through item but the store manager told me that sell through doesn't necessarily mean it will be discontinued - many times a new improved product by the same manufacturer will take it's place or, and he stressed this, some stores will stop carrying the sell through item while others who have had good sales of the sell through item will carry more of it. So the jury is still out on this thing..
confused.gif

I wonder if any of you GC fans have called distributors or online stores to see if they can order the gc.

Just because one store decides not to carry it doesn't mean it is gone. The warehouses/distributors supplying AutZon across the country just lost a retailer stocking a product.

My 17 year old Mazda and 25 year old Ford do not have any parts stocked anymore either. I usually have to prepay/order anything major thats needed. So, if you're so stuck on this oil, why not special order it? or, yellow pages anyone?

Not really stuck on GC per se, it's just that up until now it's been a good oil that was easy to obtain.

I have alternates in mind - BMW's hi po 5w30 and M1 0w40 for starters.

And of course there's always Redline.....

I was at a NAPA store today, and they were fully-stocked with GC. Our local Wal-Mart also carries it. If Canadian outlets of US companies (NAPA, Wal-Mart) have it surely you can order it in the US.

Quote:

Not really stuck on GC per se, it's just that up until now it's been a good oil that was easy to obtain.

I have alternates in mind - BMW's hi po 5w30 and M1 0w40 for starters.

And of course there's always Redline.....

...and RP since you were in Porter
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back