Autozone has STP Max-Life filters in close out for $4.00 retail / scored a deal on ELs

Online and at stores all Max Life STPs are on close out for $4.00. Was told by my local Autozone manager they are discontinuing the Max Life line. Not sure if this is fact or fiction but they have gone from I think retail of $16.99 to a flat $4.00. He wasn’t sure if they were replacing the Maxlife filter line or not.

I was able to score (150) STP10890 Extended Lifes for $2.50 each for my shop. First time I’ll ever have a premium filter on my trucks the deal was for ones from stores with messed up cardboard boxes and mostly missing the plastic shipping seal over the business end of the filter so considered unsaleable by AZ. Some have been dropped. Doesn’t bother me at all...will use on my fleet of trucks.

Made in China?

Currently STP has three levels of filters—5k, 10k and 15k OCIs. for sure the 15k OCI filters are American made and clearly stamped as such, the 10K OCI are stamped Mad in China. The entry levels I am not sure but believe are made in the USA. Made in China doesn’t bother me.

Currently STP has three levels of filters—5k, 10k and 15k OCIs. for sure the 15k OCI filters are American made and clearly stamped as such, the 10K OCI are stamped Mad in China. The entry levels I am not sure but believe are made in the USA. Made in China doesn’t bother me.
I know that china can and does make quality stuff. When they want to. I still trust the USA,german etc stuff more.

From what I have seen the blue ones and black are made in China. I have never seen a STP 15k filter.

I was about to buy some but meh. Made by Puro, I have a fleeting feeling the new STPs are made by the same Chinese ODM as Ecogard or Premium Guard.

now, if they have the 6607 sized Nissan ones, I would have budged.

Back