Schiff on John Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can predict the future. Schiff could be wrong, but he is driving home points that we really need to pay attention too. IMO.

Decoupling hasn't occurred like he said it would, but it could be a slow process. The $ is questionable and shaky at best. IMO.

I don't think we will see hyper-inflation either.

I don't think anyone can disagree with his general thesis that the US economy is essentially based on nothing but consumerism and debt spending at this point. When our ability to buy and consume finally screeches to a halt, [censored] is really going to hit the fan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I don't think anyone can disagree with his general thesis that the US economy is essentially based on nothing but consumerism and debt spending at this point. When our ability to buy and consume finally screeches to a halt, [censored] is really going to hit the fan.

Some X factor will arrive at some point and alter all perceptions.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Some X factor will arrive at some point and alter all perceptions.

That is usually what happens. LOL. Funny how things work out in the end sometimes. I don't think where we are headed will be considered funny though.

The way I see it, if we don't continue to create and develop new technology at the levels we have been, we are going to start declining. Many factors will determine whether this happens or not.

It seems to me we are reaching the end of cycle in which we can still afford to consume/borrowing. Unless our economy and creativity come up with the next "big thing", I will remain negative on the U.S. economy.

OMG- He's got Gary Allan disease ..way too unvarnished.

I wonder what campaign will be mounted to neutralize him.

He's both a patriot and a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back