Ever thought of taking out a parking lot gate?

The second video shows him trying to chop at the gate with the Axe head cover still on. In the end someone raised the gate and it looks like it just fell of it's mounting and wasn't cut in two by the Axe.

He makes for a poor Lumberjack.

The second video shows him trying to chop at the gate with the Axe head cover still on. In the end someone raised the gate and it looks like it just fell of it's mounting and wasn't cut in two by the Axe.

He makes for a poor Lumberjack.

A modern lumberjack would use a chainsaw. Now that would have been something. I think parking gates are typically made of fiberglass.

He could have pulled on it sideways and it would have snapped off pretty easily, guess he was going for high drama with the Axe.

This guy actually went through with it. Wondering where he got the axe. There's no inline video since the station has disabled that.

YouTube vid
"In a statement Friday, a spokesperson for United Airlines said the pilot had been 'removed from the schedule and is on leave while United conducts an international investigation.' ” :ROFLMAO:

Apparently, proofreading is no longer an art these days! 😣

Last edited:
Plane's cockpit.

I'd think a pilot wouldn't normally be allowed to remove safety equipment from the cockpit. But in any case, I heard that a cockpit wouldn't have an axe that large. I had to look up what a typical cockpit axe looks like. It's more a hatchet.

ana787cockpit05-660x440_1200x1200.jpg

The one he used looks more like a firefighter's axe. But it is about the size of a large utility pr felling axe.

United pilot with an axe? My mind immediately went to Astro14. But then I remembered he spoke of a very high quality axe that he owned. I'm sure if it was Astro he would have felled that barrier within a couple of strokes. No way he would have hacked at it multiple times without making a dent.

I worked in the maintenance department of a south east Pennsylvania hospital. We had a similar gate. It was broken by drivers every week. It was made of painted wood. Generally broke off at the mounting. The carpenter would cut off the broken part, drill new holes and remount. By the end of the month it had to be replaced as it would be ~ 23" long. Always on a monitoring camera.

People would just drive thru the gate without regard to auto damage

I worked in the maintenance department of a south east Pennsylvania hospital. We had a similar gate. It was broken by drivers every week. It was made of painted wood. Generally broke off at the mounting. The carpenter would cut off the broken part, drill new holes and remount. By the end of the month it had to be replaced as it would be ~ 23" long. Always on a monitoring camera.

People would just drive thru the gate without regard to auto damage

hope they got sent a bill for the damage caused

Punish him by assigning him two months full-time lot attendant (with the commensurate pay).

Carmax has some strong gates. A buddy worked at one some time ago and when somebody tried to steal a car and ram the gate, the arm basically said "NOT TODAY!"

United pilot with an axe? My mind immediately went to Astro14. But then I remembered he spoke of a very high quality axe that he owned. I'm sure if it was Astro he would have felled that barrier within a couple of strokes. No way he would have hacked at it multiple times without making a dent.
I’ve got several Gransfors Bruks. Wonderful axes. I assure you that parking lot gates aren’t the reason I own them… 🤦‍♂️

Back