schaeffer's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone sale this oil in North Georgia?
This oil is expencive don't need freight added on top of cost

it you want to buy less than $300.00 worth, you'll be paying freight chgs. if you look on schaeffers site they do have local dealers that sell direct. most are retail and charge more which of course is the shipping charges you are trying to avoid.
bob

This oil is a bargain when you see how it can thrash some oils that cost twice as much.
crushedcar.gif

Agrees with Mokanic:
I switched from Amsoil to Schaeffers.

Plus the UOA don't lie.
IMHO--> I don't mind paying a dollar or two more per qt, when in return i will receive better wear protection at start up, and a cleaner Motor. Plus Shaeffers helps extend my drain intervals to 10K miles instead of 5K.

Money well spent.

I've switched away from Schaeffers. I used it for almost 50,000 miles in my Jeep Liberty.

Just too much trouble. For the cost with shipping, I can get Mobil 1 or German Castrol, or just about any top-grade oil.

I went to the Schaeffers plant in St. Louis and picked up some gear oil. Fortunately, I had called ahead and had been quoted a price. Otherwise, she told me, she would have charged me more. I was THERE.. I was going to carry it to my car... How much easier can making money be for them.

They should sell to walk-in individuals at almost their best price. They contribute to the site here as a corporate sponsor -- that's Good. How about giving the members here some benefit without having to buy a fortune worth to get a good price.

Soon, I'll need to get another supply of gear oil. Not sure what I'll do next.

I also use Citrol, and Penetro. Another odd thing, the dealer I ordered from doesn't appear on their "List of retailers."

I totally believe in the product. I got the place where I work to use their biodegradable hydraulic oil, and am recommending the natural gas engine oil.

I inventoried my stash. I have eight different oils in quantity enough for my next oil change -- all gotten at some sort of good price. Not Schaeffers. I have only one single left over quart . I'd continue to buy it if they'd meet me halfway.

dkcase,

Have you thought about talking to a Schaeffer's rep in your area and explaining your situation? Being that you're local and would be able to pick it up, I bet you might be able to finagle something.

My Schaeffer rep could not have made it any easier to do business with him. I make one phone call to him and He drops it off at my door. The last case of 5W30 7000 BLEND cost me 3.25qt. The 9000 5W40 cost me about3.80qt.
I am a very small buyer compared to some of his customers but he didn't even charge me shipping! I can't buy oil that easy anywhere but even if I had to pay more for shipping I would still buy it. The 9000 5W40 outperformed the diesel oil I was paying 27$ a gallon for so I consider it a bargain.
My rep. has been first class to me and the times that I have had questions about the product he knew the answers. It has been an easy process for me to stock my shop with Schaeffer's products.
banana.gif
throwroses.sml
The 5W20 is spittin' out 10K intervals in my wife's 05 Honda Accord. One of my customers is also getting 10K intervals in his 04 Tacoma with the 9000series 5W40. He WAS a M1 fan. Another one of my customers is running the 5W30 7000 blend in her 91 Camry for 7500 mile intervals and none of these cars are requiring any makeup oil in between. You better believe I am happy with their products.
thumbsup.gif
coffee.gif

if you get with me I'll tell you who I deal with when it comes to one and twoeys.

as for schaeffers and thier main office, they dont want to compete with the reps so they have higher prices than most reps. thats why the higher prices for the direct sales.
they only pay half sales commishing on any order under 300.00 and charge shipping. hope that helps.
bob

Just ordered a 30 gallon drum (9000 5/w40 )from David.

I only have 700 miles on my new 06-F250. I will post my
thoughts when I make the oil change. Again thanks to David and
BITOG.

John

Had to edit Mark's name. Some how I called him David, Easy mistake don't ya think.

Quote:

Just ordered a 30 gallon drum (9000 5/w40 )from David.

I only have 700 miles on my new 06-F250. I will post my
thoughts when I make the oil change. Again thanks to Mark and
BITOG.

John

It was such a warm and sunny day today ( Ga. ) I went an changed the oil to the schaeffer's 5w/40 I just received.
I had planed on putting a few more miles on the factory oil, but I just wanted to get the schaeffer's started. I had 1,000 miles on factory oil. I will keep ya posted.

Quote:

I want one of those 30gallon drums to decorate my shop(preferably with 5W40 in it)!
thumbsup.gif

Yea it is a good-looking drum, gotta come up with a 15 quart
jug to refill. I used a one gallon oil container.

I have heard that the 6.0 Powerstrokes really can whip the snot out of the best oils. I am willing to bet that the 5W40 Schaeffer oil will give the best UOAs for the money. It has been impressing in my Kubotas.

Quote:

I have heard that the 6.0 Powerstrokes really can whip the snot out of the best oils. I am willing to bet that the 5W40 Schaeffer oil will give the best UOAs for the money. It has been impressing in my Kubotas.

Interesting choice of words about the 6.0 - I've been hearing it sheers about any oil from 40 to 30 or so in the first few thousand miles, where most synthetics stabilize. Wonder if anyone has compared UOA results for the Schaeffers vs. the Amsoil AME specifically in a Ford 6.0?? (see my other thread about AME vs. DEO - I'm trying to choose between amsoil, shaeffer or Delvac full synth at next change)

Quote:

Quote:

Interesting choice of words about the 6.0 - I've been hearing it sheers about any oil from 40 to 30 or so in the first few thousand miles, where most synthetics stabilize. Wonder if anyone has compared UOA results for the Schaeffers vs. the Amsoil AME specifically in a Ford 6.0?? (see my other thread about AME vs. DEO - I'm trying to choose between amsoil, shaeffer or Delvac full synth at next change)

The Schaeffer's has proven in UOA's to remain more shear stable in the 6.0 PSD -vs- just about every other brand out there. The ONLY 100% shear stable oil out there that not even the 6.0 can shear is Red Line 15W-40. Red Line's tough as a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back