schaeffers 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ordered a couple of cases of this and was wondering what the general consensus was of this oil.

thanks

Schaeffer's does make some good stuff. Did you search through the UOA section? Just search for "Schaeffers 5w-30" You could even see if anyone has run it in a Tundra too.

Look as if you'll be the 1st with it in a v8...lots of v6 reports.
grin.gif

I ran Schaeffers 5W30 Blend in a new 05 Toyota 4Runner V6 for 3010 miles. With only 4500 miles on a new engine it still had single digit wear.
Iron 9
Copper 6
Lead 2
IMHO this is the best blend on the market.

I had used Schaeffers in a Camry v6 oil muncher went three intervals at 5k with no issues.
Then I used M1 because of my oil inventory pre BITOG and in two intervals it used a qt in each.
I still use Schaeffers in my Tundra because it sees 20k a year.Just order a case of the 5w40 from site supporter. So no worry on seasonal timing.

The Schaeffer oils are some of the longest lived oils available. I know salesmen who drive clunkers and the lab has them on 10,000 mile oil drain intervals with that Schaeffer oil. In a good engine it is good for 12,000 or more. It is the lowest cost per mile of any oil I know of, and keeps the engine clean with reduced wear. I use the 10W-30 in my turbo Volvo, and I think the boost gauge is climbing faster with this oil.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back